Melbourne CBD is a great place to explore. Everything is a max of 20-30 minutes walking distance.
The place to go at any time of the day / night for locals and tourists alike. It’s right next to the iconic Flinders Street station and is home to many restaurants and cafes. There’s normally a performance of some sort and a widescreen TV broadcasting major events. It’s even got a playground for kids! At the time we went, there was a Bollywood dance class running outdoors as well as night noodle markets! Whatever it is, there is always something happening here!!!
Things to do at Fed Square:
- People watch!
- Check out Australian Center for the Moving Image (ACMI) – usually have film festivals and cool stuff!
- Drop by and have a coffee at one of the restaurants or a drink at a bar.
- Walk by the Yarra and across one of the unique bridges!
Just opposite Fed Square is a little lane. Great place for photo taking, or even having a go at graffiti! There is some gorgeous artwork!!! Or grab some food at the awesome Movida tapas style bar/resturant!
A lane for foodies! Italian to Korean food as well as mini dessert cafes can be found here for reasonable prices! It’s almost like a street in Rome or Paris with alfresco dining areas. I swear they use the same dining sets in Paris!
Other Cool Streets to Explore…
- Degraves Street – Another street lined with coffee joints, cafes and restaurants! Definitely a cafe hopper’s dream!
- Union lane – If you haven’t gotten enough of graffiti art at Hosier’s come here!
- ACDC lane – why not take ACDC to the streets?!
Walking across one of the bridges, leads to Southbank Promenade, with the massive Melbourne’s Crown casino (great place if you need the bathroom!) Plenty of bars and restaurants. Great after a long day of walking!